This property has amazing elevated views but the site is steeply sloped, which created a number challenges. For example, substantial excavation was required to connect the rear yard to the interior living spaces. To the front of the property, we created a new outdoor living area to capitalise on the most usable and available space, as well as benefiting from the best access to the views. This also included an infinity pool, which visually connects with the water views. Moving inside, the interior features a core central area that allows light and ventilation to circulate throughout the entire house, with glazing at the roof level to flush out stale hot air, replacing all interior spaces with fresh air. Our track record for turning challenges into solutions prompted a simple design to maximise functionality, while also integrating the house with the natural surroundings. The success of this project is testament to our client’s belief in our process and a willingness to work collaboratively throughout—ultimately, delivering a beautifully bespoke home.
- Maximise views;
- Maximise usable space;
- Maximise natural light and ventilation;
- Provide a contemporary design solution;
- Integrate with natural surroundings;
- Attention-to-detail on interiors and finishes;
- Design a bespoke solution to suit a family lifestyle;
- Site and construction management;
- Navigate Council regulations and compliance.
Project completed by Owner Builder.
Photography by Tyrone Branigan.